Complete English Notes

11/12 and Bachelor Levels' Complete English Notes

Total Page Viewers

Welcome to My Blog

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

English Notes. Let's Learn and Share Together.

English Notes- By Shishir Gyawali

English Notes- By Shishir Gyawali
Let's Learn & Share Together. (Click on the photo for my Facebook contact.)

Saturday 25 September 2021

B.Ed First Year Multiple Choice Questions 2076



Tribhuvan University 2076

Bachelor Level 4 Yrs. Programme/ Education / I Year                        Roll No:........
General English (Eng.Ed. 411)

Group "A" (20)
A. Tick (√) the best answers. Attempt ALL the questions.

1. Which one of the following is the incorrect answer for the question? Do you have any plans for the weekend? is
a. Well, I will be in London 
b. Well, I am staying in London
c. Will, I am going to visit London
d. Well, I will spend some time with my brother in London.

2. The correct form of the verb in a sentence "Did you really enjoy... Television?" is ...
a. watch 
b. watching 
c. to watch
d. watched

3. While writing an essay the conclusion part ends with ... 
a. some advice
b. an insight 
c. a warning
d. a prediction

4. The correct reply /question tag for the sentence "I am supposed to be having lunch with Sunita today" is 
a. will you? 
b. Yes I think so 
c. aren't I 
d. won't you?

5. The formal answer of the question. How are you? is ... 
a. fine 
b. I am fine, thanks 
c. fine, thanks 
d. well

6. Which one of the following words is from American English? 
a. Center
b. Colour 
c. Centre 
d. behaviour

7. I am interested in geology ...., I don't want to study it. 
a. but 
b. despite 
c. yet
d. however

8. Find the odd man out from the following four words. 
a. day
b. chef
c. piece
d. woman

9. In academic English, we put a lot of information into 
a. verb phrases
b. prepositional phrases
c. noun phrases 
d. adverbial clauses

10. If we found someone else to go with us... 
a. it had been cheaper to rent a car.
b. it would be cheaper to rent a car
c. it would have been cheaper to rent a car. 
d. it is cheaper to rent a car

B. Read the following two stanzas of a poetic letter, select the best answer and put a tick (√) mark.

Dear mother

This is a gesture of memory from your son,
Who lives seven hundred seas away,
I know how sad you must be without me.
But I am free here in this valley of shadows, free 
From all mundane avarice, misery, and tears, 
Resting now at peace for ever and a day. 
The flesh that once was sleek and sound 
Has given way to dust, and now only we, the bones, 
Remain to discuss upon my ruined destiny 
I do clearly remember that dawn when the unsung song 
Of sadness hung in the air, and I had to bid farewell 
To you all; the shadows had crowded over the dales 
And ravines like impatient ghosts; my dog Pangrey 
Whimpered on and on wagging its tail nervously 
As though it had known fully well that this departure 
Would never bring its master back again.

11. Now the poet is ... 
a. at home
b. with Pangrey
c. in the army 
d. in the grave

12. The word 'avarice' means ...
a. greedy
b. hungry
c. selfish 
d. irresponsible

13. The poet is addressing his .... In the poem
a. father 
b. mother 
c. brother
d. sister

14. The mother's memory is.... the son today.
a. giving joy
b. haunting 
c. asking 
d. suffering

15. The poem is a letter from ... 
a. a mother to her son 
b. an army to his father
c. a son to his mother 
d. a son to his motherland

16. Only the bones are the ..... to talk to the speaker 
a. enemies 
b. friends 
c. parents
d. useless objects

17. The expression by the speaker 'I am fine here in this valley of shadows' is ...
a. ironical
b. humorous
c. painful
d. inspiring

18. When the speaker had to bid farewell....
a. everybody was sad
b. the mother looked happy
c. nobody cared of it
d. The environment around the house was pleasant.

19. The wagging of dog's tail says ... 
a. the dog is happy with the departure of its master
b. the speaker will never return home
c. the speaker will bring lots of food for his pet (i.e.dog)
d. the speaker is likely to return home very soon. 

20. The poem / letter supplies the lesson to the readers ...
a. to work in the native land 
b. to work in the foreign land
c. to fight bravely in the war.
d. to earn more & more money

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for visiting my blog. Let's learn and share together.