Complete English Notes

11/12 and Bachelor Levels' Complete English Notes

Total Page Viewers

Welcome to My Blog

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

English Notes. Let's Learn and Share Together.

English Notes- By Shishir Gyawali

English Notes- By Shishir Gyawali
Let's Learn & Share Together. (Click on the photo for my Facebook contact.)

Sunday 15 May 2022

Short Summary of the Poem I Was My Own Route/ Compulsory English: Class 12



I Was My Own Route
- Julia de Burgos
Short Summary:

The poem ‘I Was My Own Route’ written by Julia de Burgos mainly deals with the theme of women’s liberation and social justice. In the poem, she depicts how women have been facing different nature of burden due to patriarchal ideologies. Thus, the poet strongly requests women to separate themselves from the past in order to establish their position in the present time. Through the poem, she talks about breaking different levels, boundaries and standards of society which have been playing the major roles for gender discrimination. So, she demands equality for both males and females. She believes that women are not burden and problems for anyone. In fact, they are also human beings, who have their own dreams, desires, choices, etc. She even strongly says that social rules, norms and values have stopped them to move forward. Thus, she is against patriarchal ideologies and wants to create a new route for women. Through the poem, she has shown her rebellious nature against traditional and dominating societies and is trying to awaken all females for fighting against their societies for their rights, identity, dreams, dreams, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for visiting my blog. Let's learn and share together.