Complete English Notes

11/12 and Bachelor Levels' Complete English Notes

Total Page Viewers

Welcome to My Blog

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

English Notes. Let's Learn and Share Together.

English Notes- By Shishir Gyawali

English Notes- By Shishir Gyawali
Let's Learn & Share Together. (Click on the photo for my Facebook contact.)

Wednesday 17 May 2023

BBA Third Semester Business Communication Question Paper:2022

POKHARA UNIVERSITY
Level: Bachelor
Semester: Fall
Programme: BBA
Course: Business Communication I
Year: 2022
Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 45 
Time: 3 hrs.
Candidates are required to answer in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
1. Read the following case and critically answer the questions listed below: (15)
Here is a short telephone conversation between an Insurance company representative and a client.
Good evening, it's Thilina. How may I assist you today?
Hello. This is regarding my insurance claim. Can I talk to you about that?
Yes, sir, you can talk to me about your claim. If it's possible can I get the claim number?
Yes, it is (he lists his claim number)
Thank you, Sir. What is it you need to know about the claim?
Now you see, I have been paying for almost 2 years for this insurance, and never in my life have I made any claim. But you guys have deducted some amount from the total claim that was promised and communicated to me earlier.
When I went through the claim, the deduction was due to an excess which was initially agreed upon by both the agent and the client. So I decided to tell him the exact reason for the deduction.
Thank you for your patience, Sir. As I can see from your policy, this excess amount is agreed upon as a deduction from every claim for a reduced amount of premium.
What?
It was in the policy document, Sir.
What are you saying? I have not agreed on anything at the time of the commencement. That agent guy came in and told me all these benefits and payments so I agreed.
I've told him about the policy document and the clause again.
Let me get the policy, I will read it to you. Whatever the deduction you say it is not in the policy. I have read the policy before signing.
I waited till he brought back the policy document and read the clauses. He went on and on about every clause until he came upon the exact clause I was talking to him about.
Oh, there is a deduction agreement here. I have not seen this. I will talk with my agent and call you back.
Questions:
a. Do the caller and receiver follow the 7 CS of communication? How?
b. What calls for miscommunication between them?
c. Who is responsible for the present condition?
d. If you were in the position of the insurance company representative, how would you handle this situation?
e. Does the person who bought the insurance policy aware of the provision? Do you think he is a good listener?

2. Audience analysis is the process of examining information about the receiver of the message. The analysis helps in the process of adopting message so that your audience responds as per your wish. Discuss it with a comprehensive example. (15)

3. Descriptive Answer Questions (Attempt any five) (5X10=50)
a) What are the key features of an effective document design? Explain them.
b) How do you connect Intellectual Property Rights to ethics. How they are different from morality.
c) Explain that "managing customer service is building a good relationship with customers."
d) What is work-life balance? Why should employers care about it?
e) Discuss the significance of graphics and illustrations in a technical document.
f) What do you understand by team work? What are the merits and demerits of working in team?

4. Write very short answers just in one sentence. (5X2=10)

a) What are the key factors to make the project successful?
b) What do you mean by product breakdown?
c) What is the importance of tabulation in technical communication?
d) What do you understand by conciseness in communication?
e) Can one remain not communicating?

5. Match the words from the box to the definitions given below: (5)
a) Looking attractive from the outside
b) Needing all our effort and attention
c) A good thing to do
d) A short, organized trip made for interest
e) Friendly and welcoming behaviour to guests
(demanding, excursion, glamorous, hospitality, worthwhile, voyage)

6. Change the following sentences as suggested in the bracket. (5)
a) Somebody has lost all my important files. (Passive voice)
b) Hardy is one of the best (student/students) at this college. (Subject-verb Agreement)
c) The work has been finished. (Active voice)
d) Neymar said to me, "Are you playing football now?" (Indirect speech)
e) They open the cafe at 6.00 am. (Present Perfect)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for visiting my blog. Let's learn and share together.